Aadhar is the largest identification system in the world introduced by the Indian government to track the population, age ratio and get more Indian people in the banking system. The Aadhar card has been mandated for any government oriented services, and it is said that in future an Aadhar card will be the most important document an Indian citizen will carry. More than 90% Indians have registered with the Aadhar network, and the number of Aadhar card holders have reached over a billion people in India.
So, this clear that to survive in India it’s mandate that you should have your Aadhar card. But one more thing which is also very important is to provide your correct details while registering for Aadhar to avoid further consequences. The details like your age, gender, mobile number, E-mail ID, permanent, and temporary address. All the details should be valid and should remain active forever, or else you have to update the changed information later in the Aadhar card.
Now, for instance, you haven’t registered any of the information, by mistake or the details is changed because of any reason. For Example – your permanent address or mobile number is changed. In such kind of scenario, you can update the details with valid documents through online or offline mediums. As I told you earlier that ignoring this can be an open invitation for consequences that you have to face later. Thus, updating details frequently is they change is really important.
So, specifically in this guide, I’m going to give you a proper tutorial about updating your mobile number in your Aadhar card through online medium very easily and through the most convenient method.
Also check out how to download direct x offline installer for windows.
Steps to update your phone number through online medium –
1. First of all, visit the official Aadhar website which is called UIDAI.gov.in.
2. Once, you open the website, you’ll see the homeopath which would be titled “Aadhar self service update portal.”
3. In the homepage, you will see two options with two different boxes. In the first box, you have to feed your 12 digit Aadhar card number.
4. Then in the second box, you have to feed you an existing phone number for generation of the OTP and then there you will another box where you have to feed the captcha.
5. Once, you do all that process. Another page will appear where you can update any of the provided details. Since we’re here to update the mobile number click on the option called “Mobile Number.”
6. Now, enter the mobile number which you need to update and click on submit.
7. Now, you have to simply verify and proceed. Your mobile number will be updated. Now, you have to take a print of that page. And attach it with a photocopy of identity proof yours. Then you have to double check the details for confirmation and signature both the documents.
8. Now, you have to post the documents to the below provided address.
- UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
- Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
9. That’s it you’re done. Once, the mobile number will be updated you will get a notification in both of new and old phone number.
Once, the request will be updated in the Aadhar system you will get a 14 digit URN ( Update Request Number ) number which will be simply called your request number. It’s not mandate but it would be good if you keep that number with you till your request is not completed. Keeping the number with you makes you be at the safer side, in case any problem occurs while posting the documents, then that URN number will be a proof that the particular request was taken.
Thus, were the steps to update your mobile number in Aadhar.
Recommended For You: How To Remove Shortcut Virus Permanently
Other than that I would like to give another useful information that from this same method you can update not just your phone number, but all the necessary details you provided while registering for Aadhar card. The details like your Address, birth date, and age can be easily updated, but for updating those details, you have to also attach a document verifying the information to the printout. Rest of all the process is almost same.
And, in case you haven’t registered your mobile number from beginning and you want to add it then you have to visit the nearest Aadhar enrollment center or you have to send the request through the post.
The same facility to add mobile number was facilitated online in the past but, it has been stopped now by the government due to security reasons. I personally believe that’s stupid because online request process is damn convenient as compared to offline process, but it is as it is
Final Words –
At the end of the article, I have to say that if you follow the above-provided instructions properly then you won’t face any problem in updating your phone number or any of your details. So, kindly update the information as soon as possible because as far the current circumstances of the country are concerned I do believe that the Aadhar card will soon hold more way more importance than today.