The Windows is one of the best computer operating systems. If you are using the Windows, then you know how simple and powerful it is. But, the Windows is famous for throwing random errors at the users. I’ve encountered many errors while using the Windows OS from last seven years. I used Windows XP, Windows Vista [Discontinued], Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. There is one common thing in all these versions of Windows OS. All these Operating System versions are good at throwing random errors, and that is not a good thing. The most common error is the BSOD, which means the Blue Screen of Death error. The Blue Screen of Death error is a pretty serious error and a little bit difficult to understand, unlike other errors we usually face in Windows.
If you are facing the BSOD, then you should continue reading this post. In this post, we are going to share some of the best ways to fix Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and XP operating systems. If you are using any one of these operating systems on your computer, then you should find a Working solution to fix the BSOD error in Windows.
What is Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows?
The Blue Screen of Death error is the error, which causes the entire operating system to shut down. The Blue Screen of Death error is the serious issue, which is due to the faulty hardware or the corrupted device drivers. When you get the Blue Screen of Death, you’ll see the Blue Screen with the error messages. The Blue Screen is the reason why this error is called as the BSOD.
When the Hardware in your system is faulty, or the Device drivers are not working properly, then Windows may shut itself down to avoid any significant error. That’s how we face the BSOD. You can face this problem if you’ve installed any third-party software, which is interfering with the system device drivers.
If you are facing the same problem, then here are some of the best ways to fix Blue Screen of Death error in Windows XP/7/8.1/10.
How to Fix Blue Screen of Death Error in Windows
Method #1 – Note Down the Error Code and Search on the Internet
The Blue Screen of Death error comes with the error code, which you can use to find the solutions. Every time, the users get different Error codes, describing the cause of the error. The error codes are pretty complicated to derive to any conclusion on our own, so we have to use the Google. Many people get the same error code as you got and they may have posted the tutorial to solve that particular error to fix Blue Screen of Death.
Also, you can find experts helping you to solve the error on the Microsoft Community. On this community forum, you can find the answers to almost every error you face on Windows, including the BSOD Error. The Microsoft Community Engineers are very active on the forum to monitor the errors and helping users to solve them. You can try the solutions shared on the Microsoft Community to solve the particular error or ask for answers yourself on the Community.
Also, many blogs provide the multiple solutions to solve the specific error code. You can search on the Google and find many sites to get the solutions to fix the Blue Screen of Death Error within minutes.
Many of our users also faced DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error In Chrome
Method #2 – Check Hardware Connections
The BSOD Error is mostly related to the hardware problems. When any hardware component in your system like RAM or Hard Disk is not connected properly or stops responding, then you’ll get the error. As I already said, checking the Error code on the Internet and then trying to solve the error is highly recommended. But, if you are not finding the answer on the Internet, then you should try checking the Hardware connections.
- First of all, open your CPU and then Remove the most important parts like the RAM and Hard Disk from the motherboard.
- Clean the motherboard with a soft brush and check the connection sockets for RAM and Hard Disk are having the Dust or any foreign particles. If found, then clean it.
- Now, reconnect the RAM and Hard Drive to the motherboard with sufficient pressure. Make sure the Connections are not loose otherwise the CPU may not start, or you’ll face the same BSOD Error after starting the computer.
- If the reason behind BSOD is the Loose hardware connection, then you’ll not see the error again on your PC once you fix the loose hardware connections.
- If you are still facing the same issue, then you should try other methods that are shared below/
Method #3 – Update Device Drivers
Incorrect or the buggy device drivers can cause the Windows to force shut down. This is the common reason behind the Blue Screen of Death Error. So, you’ll have to install the updated device drivers of the appropriate devices to solve this error.
First of all, find if all of the devices are running with the correct drives. To do this, follow below mentioned steps.
- First of all, open the Device Manager by pressing “Windows + X” key and then selecting the Device Manager from the pop-up.
- Now, in Device Manager, you’ll see all the connected devices to your computer. If you see any device, like Display, Processor or Hard disk with the Yellow Baloon sign, then you’ll have to reinstall the drivers. The Yellow Balloon besides the name of the device is the indicator for the incorrect or missing drivers.
- To install the correct drivers, Download the Drivers for that particular device from the official website and then install it with the suggested method.
- After installing, Restart your computer and then see if you are getting the Blue Screen of Death Error or not.
If not, then Congratulations! You’ve fixed the BSOD Error in Windows XP/7/8/10 and ready to use the computer without any issue.
Method #4 – Scan for Virus and Malware
The Virus and Malware are infamous for creating problems with the computers. If you are facing the BSOD error or any unexpected error with your computer, then there may be a Malware or Virus on your computer. You’ll have to remove the threat from your computer to make sure they do not interfere with any of your data and system components.
There are many good Antivirus and Antimalware scanning programs, that’ll help you to find and remove the Malware and other threats, that are messing up with your system, causing the BSOD Error. Here are some of the best and favorite Antivirus Software Programs, that you can use to Find and Remove the Virus and Malware from your system to fix the BSOD Error in Windows.
- Avira Antivirus
- QuickHeal Antivirus
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- Panda Antivirus
- McAfee Antivirus
Method # 5 – Reset your Computer
Resetting your computer, when any other approach is not working is the ultimate solution for fixing any error in your Windows system. Before completely resetting your Windows OS, make sure you have the most recent backup with you, in the case of any mishap.
You can Reset your computer in three ways. Here are the three ways, using which you can reset your computer to fix BSOD Error in Windows.
- You can Reset your PC by using the Reset options in your OS. The Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 have the inbuilt option to reset your PC to default settings.
- You can reset the PC by using the Recovery DVD of the OS. As the Windows 7 and older OS versions don’t have the inbuilt RESET option, you’ll have to use the Recovery DVD provided by your Computer manufacturer to reset the PC.
- Otherwise, you can reset the PC with the help of System Restore Points. If you have created the System Restore point, then you can reset the system to the date when you’ve created the Restore Point.
Any computer which is in the perfect condition should not show you the Blue Screen of Death error. If you see the same error, make sure you have perfectly maintained the computer. Follow all of the mentioned methods to fix the BSOD Error. The problem may vary from User to user, but these most common methods will help you to repair the issue within minutes, without banging your head on the wall out of frustration.
If you are facing the same error, then try these methods to fix the BSOD Error in Windows. It’ll save your time and money by fixing the problem yourself, instead of asking any IT professional to repair your computer.